Nigerian Community and Cultural Center:
Purpose(s) As a meeting point and symbol of unity for all Nigerians in Minnesota and to conduct educational and social service programs that will enrich the quality of life of Nigerians in Minnesota and enable them to become productive and contributing members of their new home (Minnesota).
Activities of the center will include but not be limited to the following:
- Provides programs and services that assist new comers to Minnesota to become more adjusted.
- Conducts outreach and education activities to increase public awareness about immigrant issues.
- Promotes civic participation at the local state, and national levels.
- Provides cross-cultural training to service providers on the diverse cultural backgrounds of the clients they work with.
- Translation, Interpretation, and Referral services.
- Cross-cultural youth programs.
- Cultural adjustment services/orientation to new arrivals.
- Hosting events and Activities.
- 2015: Choices that will make or mar Nigeria - Daily Sun
- Illegal Immigrants With Questionable Identity Arrested In Nigeria - CHANNELS TELEVISION
- Explosions, gunfire at south Nigeria rally kill policeman - Reuters
- Multiple bombs kill eight in northeast Nigerian town - Reuters
- Nigerian Senate summons Jega over postponement of elections - Premium Times
- Tough As Nails: Women Scientists Rise Up In Nigeria - NPR (blog)
- Nigeria's Obasanjo quits ruling PDP in blow to Jonathan - Reuters